联合新闻稿-城市, 县, and Port leadership meet to discuss 阿斯托里亚's upcoming cruise ship season and COVID-19
JOINT PRESS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
阿斯托里亚市, 克拉特索普县, and 阿斯托里亚港 leadership meet to discuss 阿斯托里亚’s upcoming cruise ship season and COVID-19
Joint Statement of 阿斯托里亚 Mayor Bruce Jones, 克拉特索普县 委员会 Chair Kathleen Sullivan, and 阿斯托里亚港 Executive Director Will Isom
阿斯托里亚, 手术室——3月10日, 2020 – With a cruise ship that was scheduled to visit 阿斯托里亚 on March 31 the subject of international attention for a COVID-19 outbreak, local residents have legitimate concerns about managing the safety of cruise ships scheduled to visit beginning in April, and we take those concerns seriously. 昨天在阿斯托里亚市, 克拉特索普县, and 阿斯托里亚港 leaders and staff met to discuss public health issues surrounding cruise ship visits in the current environment, and how our three jurisdictions will collectively evaluate cruise ship safety and make decisions regarding any individual cruise ship visit while the COVID-19 emergency continues.
1. Public health and safety is our number one priority as we monitor this rapidly evolving issue.
2. CDC’s recommendation that travelers “defer all cruise ship travel worldwide” and note that “cruise ship passengers are at increased risk of person-to-person spread of infectious diseases, 包括COVID-19”是令人担忧的.
3. Grand Princess, officially still scheduled to visit on 31 March, will not visit. 第一个, it is not possible that she will be ready to pass Coast Guard screening protocols on that date. Second, even if she did, we collectively agree that we would decline her visit.
4. 海岸警卫队仍在, 根据法律条文地, the first line of defense for screening of inbound vessels in accordance with the protocols now in place, 哪些可能会继续进化.
5. In addition to Coast Guard screening criteria, we collectively expect that any cruise line contemplating sending cruise ships to 阿斯托里亚 during the COVID-19 crisis, and while the CDC recommendations remain in effect, will proactively demonstrate the most rigorous and enhanced standards of screening of vessel, passengers and crew for COVID-19 before the community would consider accepting a visit.
6. The capacity of the local public health and emergency management infrastructure to absorb patients from an infected vessel is a factor in our considering cruise ship visits. This capacity may change rapidly once infections are found in 克拉特索普县.
7. Because t在这里 will be no scheduled cruise ship visit before April 4 at the very earliest, for the time being we will continue to actively monitor the federal guidelines and requirements as they evolve and plan collaboratively. We will meet well before the first scheduled visit to reassess and decide jointly on a path forward regarding cruise ship visits.
View the PDF version of this joint press release 在这里.
To view other releases/updates, please click on "查看所有新闻" below.